- Irt Freshwater Mussel Project
- Our work in the catchment
In the Wasdale valley our objectives are to:
- improve the habitat of the river for freshwater mussels and their host fish
- manage invasive species
- reduce the level of erosion where it is excessive and delivering high amounts of fine sediment into the river
- reintroduce juvenile mussels from the Freshwater Biological Association
- gain a better understanding of existing fish and mussel populations through surveying
We will be doing this by working with farmers, landowners, partner organisations and volunteers.
Some examples of our work are showcased in the links to the left and pictured below.