- Litterpick-tastic on the River Derwent - Join us!
Litterpick-tastic on the River Derwent - Join us!
23rd February 2017 - Derwent Catchment
Sunday 2nd of April marks the sixth annual West Cumbria Rivers Trust litter pick and we want to encourage as many people as possible, young and old, to come along and help keep our river clean.
Now you know the when, find out the other W’s to make your plans complete!
- Where?………………Meet at 10am in the layby on the east side of Portinscale Suspension Bridge, Keswick
- Who?………………….Everyone is welcome! Bring friends and family :) All children must be accompanied by an adult. Stay for as long as you like, all help will be hugely appreciated
- What to bring?……Something to nibble and a drink and of course clothing for all weather conditions; waterproofs, woollies, wellies, sunhats, sun cream and some gloves, I suspect we won’t be wearing them all at the same time but I’ll bring my camera just in case!
- What’s the Plan? …Walk downstream towards High Stocks Bridge picking litter as we go. Stay for 30 minutes or 3 hours, all help and company will be very welcome.
Last year our dedicated bunch of volunteers cleared a full 50 bags of rubbish from the river so let’s see if we can beat that!
If you’ve joined us before you’ll know we’ve had all sorts of weather but it’s always been fun and sociable (and very good exercise!). We will again have the fantastic support from local canoe groups who make an almost impossible task possible; they’ll be collecting precariously placed litter and will help to transport the rubbish downstream to the exit point.
We hope to see you all there and keep your fingers crossed for the sunhat and sun cream scenario, bring-on the summer!